Recent estimates put the number of us in the UK who are “under-banked” at around ~8 million or roughly 12% of the population.
The net result is borrowers forced to turned to high interest doorstep loans, or lenders offering exorbitant interest rates to borrowers with little to no credit history. Not only does this exacerbate the problem by sending borrowers into spiralling circles of debt, it also prevents them from ever establishing a formal credit score, perpetuating the “chicken and egg” scenario.
The pitch is simple: build credit/affordability using real-time transaction data captured automatically from the borrower. It’s no secret that a complete picture of an individual’s finances is the only way to not only anticipate risk, but most importantly tailor fair, sensible lending terms for that individual.
We are a group of technologists incubated under the latest Entrepreneur First cohort, comprised of engineering talent from A16z-backed analytics startup TXN and the Data Science & Analytics outfit at Universal Music Group. Find out more about the team.
In the News…
- UK leads the way for Fintech (BQ Live)
- FinTech Open Mic Night (NewFinance)
- After the cooperation with the NFT: Now Collector its first investments (Breakit)
- Collector invests in Glamma and Credit Kudos – strengthening its position as a digital innovator (Collector Bank)
- This Swedish fintech VC fund is looking for Brexit bargains in London and just made its first investment (Business Insider)
- Simple, Fair and Accessible Credit (Capital One)
- BBVA Open Talent 2016: Shedding Light on the Next Generation of FinTech Disruptors (Let's Talk Payments)
- Capital One announces finalists for startup accelerator (Finextra)
- WIRED Money 2016 Startup Stage: credit scoring and insurance (WIRED)
- Measuring credit scores in a way that's fair for all (Financial Health Exchange)
- Moving Forward with the API (techUK and FDATA)
- Meet the 25 startups that pitched at Entrepreneur First's latest Demo Day (TechCrunch)
- Giving the credit scoring system some kudos (Money Market UK)
- Can FinTech rise to the Financial Inclusion challenge? (Lloyds Banking Group)
- Why I launched my Fintech firm in London NOT Silicon Valley (eFinancialCareers)
- How fintech can help solve the UK's financial inclusion problem (Sarah Gill, bobsguide)
- Freddy Kelly and Matt Schofield of Credit Kudos (FinTech Profile)
- FinTech Focus: Overcoming the Barriers to Consumer Credit (The Startup Magazine)
- 2016 FStech Awards: shortlist announced (FStech)
- Credit Kudos, pour un score plus transparent (C'est pas mon idée!)