10 April 2019
2. Some definitions
- “Institutions” means financial institutions you may hold an account with;
- “Platform” means the online platform accessed by you after registration for the Services, as updated by Credit Kudos from time to time;
- “Services” means the transaction processing services provided by us to you via the Platform.
3. The Credit Kudos Services
Credit Kudos is a Credit Reference Agency and Account Information Services Provider ("AISP") that provides services that help consumer credit firms, identity verification companies, banks, and financial institutions ("Third Parties") to conduct income verification, identity verification and credit checks.
- We may collect basic information about your identity or financial situation from you and from Third Parties. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial information, Institutions you have a relationship with, and in some cases, account details and credentials held with those Institutions.
- We securely redirect you to each Institution you tell us you have a relationship with. Each Institution verifies your credentials, and with your consent, provides Credit Kudos access to financial data held by that Institution.
- We then analyse the financial data provided by each Institution. We may provide data and analysis to Third Parties that have provided you with access to our Services and/or from which you are making an application for credit.
- We do not provide the Third Parties that has provided you with access to our Services and/or from which you are making an application for credit with an opinion on your financial standing or your suitability for being provided credit.
4. Fees and Payment
You do not need to pay us for using the Services. We are paid by the third party that has provided you with access to our Services and/or from which you are making an application for credit.
5. Licence Grant and Use of Content
- You shall not copy, republish, frame, link to, download, transmit, modify, adapt, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, license or sublicense the Platform or any of the Content. No copyright and/or other intellectual property notices or watermarks on any Content shall be deleted or modified.
- You shall not disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Platform except to the extent allowed by law.
6. Your Access to Our Services
- While Credit Kudos endeavours to ensure that the Platform and the Services are normally available 24 hours a day, Credit Kudos shall not be liable if for any reason they are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to the Platform and the Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Credit Kudos’ control.
- When you register with us and choose a password to protect your secure account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, you must notify us and you should change your password immediately. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your password and/or account. You shall not permit anyone else to use your account.
- You shall not use the Platform or the Services if you are under the age of 18.
7. Your Privacy
You shall not:
- use the Platform and/or Services in any unlawful or technically harmful manner;
- use the Platform and/or Services for any non personal, commercial purposes;
- misuse the Platform and/or Services (including, without limitation, by hacking or inserting malicious code);
- resell the Platform and/or Services;
- infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property rights in your use of the Platform, Services and/or its Content;
- frame or use any framing techniques to enclose the Platform or any part of it;
- take any action that in our sole discretion places an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on servers or other infrastructure used by us; or
- use the Platform and/or Services in any way which may cause, or be likely to cause, access to or use of the Platform and/or Services to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
The recipient of any Confidential Information will not disclose that Confidential Information, except to group companies, employees and/or professional advisors who need to know it and who have agreed in writing (or in the case of professional advisors are otherwise bound) to keep it confidential. The recipient will ensure that those people and entities: (a) use such Confidential Information only to exercise rights and fulfil obligations under this Agreement, and (b) keep such Confidential Information confidential. The recipient may also disclose Confidential Information when required by law after giving reasonable notice to the discloser, such notice to be sufficient to give the discloser the opportunity to seek confidential treatment, a protective order or similar remedies or relief prior to disclosure.
- While Credit Kudos endeavours to ensure that the content on the Platform is correct, Credit Kudos does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the such content. Credit Kudos may make changes to the content at any time without notice. The content may be out of date and Credit Kudos makes no commitment to update such material.
- Before you apply for credit from a third party (eg a bank or credit card provider), it is very important that you check all of the information held by that third party about you to ensure it is correct, complete and accurate. It is your responsibility to identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information held by the third party about you before you apply for credit.
- If you are in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed or that something may be incorrect you should disclose it to credit provider before you apply for the credit.
- It is very important before you apply for credit that you carefully read the terms and conditions which apply to the offer of that credit, the credit provider’s terms and conditions and any other documentation that applies to that credit product. You must make sure that you understand all the details of the credit product, for example the interest rate, any early redemption charges, restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product. It is your responsibility to ensure that the credit product matches your requirements and that you agree to the terms and conditions of the credit product before you apply for it. We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in the event that any credit product you apply for does not meet your requirements or is not suitable for you
You shall indemnify Credit Kudos against any loss, damages, costs or expenses which are awarded against or incurred by Credit Kudos as a result of any claim or threatened claim (including any claim or threatened claim by a third party) arising out of or related to:
- your misuse of the Platform and/or the Services;
- your infringement of intellectual property rights; and/or
- your failure to provide accurate, up to date information.
- death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the other or their servants, agents or employees; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special, indirect or consequential losses;
- if you breach clause 8.1.
- On termination for any reason:
- To contact us in writing send your communication to us by e-mail to Credit Kudos at firstname.lastname@example.org.