29 May 2018
We want you to obtain personalised experiences anytime, anywhere, on any device. This requires us to collect personal information from you. However, we want to put you in control of that personal information. We want you to be aware at all times where and how your personal information is being used. This is of paramount importance to us.
So, let’s describe what this Policy tells you. It explains:
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we may do with the information we collect about you;
- whether we share your information with anyone else;
- the types of cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies;
- where we store your information;
- how we keep your information secure; and
- your rights in relation to your information.
At Credit Kudos we take your privacy seriously. We operate on the principle that your personal information belongs to you and only you can decide who you want to share it with and why. This is fundamental to the way we work and we’re committed to providing a secure environment for you to store your personal information and share it with others when you want to.
When does this Policy apply?
Here is the information we may collect about you
- Information you voluntarily provide
- If you contact us (by phone, email or through the Website), we may keep a record of that correspondence for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue you for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- If you report a problem with our Website, we may keep that information for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue you for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes. The information you give may include your name, address, telephone number and/or email address.
- Information we collect about you and your device.
When you visit our Website, we may use technology such as that provided by Google Analytics to collect information about your visit to our Website. You can find more information about Google Analytics here. In essence, Google Analytics enables us to analyse how you and others interact with our Website. The information it collects may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?); and
- the number of sessions per browser on each device; and
- which pages you visited on our Website.
This is what we do with the information we collect about you
We have a legitimate interest in using the information you provide to us so as to:
- enable you to use our Website;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device to achieve the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- defend our servers against malicious attacks; and/or
- notify you about changes to our Website.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
We may use information collected from you and combine it with information provided by other users of our Website to help us improve the design of the Website and delivery of our services.
This is where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such data.
Keeping information secure
All information you provide to us is stored on servers owned and operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc. More information on this provider is available at https://aws.amazon.com/.
Here are your rights
The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. In addition, you may request rectification or erasure of personal information as well as the restriction of processing of your personal information.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact the Information Commissioner.
If you want to stop using the Website, you may do so. You may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website.
Third party properties accessed from the website
Our Website may contain links to and from the online properties of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these online properties, please note that these online properties have their own privacy policies which will apply. Please check these policies carefully before you click on any links and/or submit any personal data to these online properties.
Change of control
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the Website. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.
Changes to our policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next visit the Website.
Contacting us is easy and we want to hear from you
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.