Wanted: Junior Engineer
We’re looking for a junior engineer. If you’ve got a BSc or above in CS (or something else techy) and are hungry to learn the ropes of software development in a startup environment, we want to talk to you.
We’re an open, encouraging team that values ingenuity, innovation and resolve as much as experience. We want you to bring ideas and determination. We want you to move fast and experiment. We want you to be fearless and learn quickly.
We’re a completely flat/transparent operation and keep no secrets. We manage our engineering process through a combination of Slack, GitHub, Trello, email and
- First-class grounding in core CS theory - algorithms, complexity, machine learning, networks etc. - to Bachelor’s standard or above
- Are hungry and willing to learn
- A strong portfolio of work that you can demonstrate and talk about in detail (this can be from your studies, side-projects or open source)
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting your own development goals, working on projects you design with us
- Working across our technology stack: front-end, back-end and data science
- Debating the relative merits of London’s many craft breweries, coffee houses and carrot cakes.
What we value:
- Commitment, restraint, expansive thinking, honesty and a good sense of humour
- We are transparent and expect the same, we prefer whiteboards not loud voices.
- Familiarity with a startup environment, we value efficient time management over “bums on seats”
- Motivation: you need to love this.
- Learning: we’re hiring you for your ability to learn quickly not because we think you already know it all.
- We’ll pay you £30-35k/annum based on experience
- Up to 0.25% of the company
- A nice place to work and a sparkly new laptop
Not sure? That’s cool, let’s grab a beer/coffee and talk it through.