Wanted: Full-stack Engineer
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer. By full-stack we mean someone who is content writing a browser/mobile application and then building the backend to run it all. We’re a small team and don’t have room for over specialisation; you’ll be doing a bit of everything and need to be cool with that.
We’re a completely flat/transparent operation and keep no secrets. We manage our engineering process through a combination of Slack, GitHub, Trello, email and
- 4-5 years in a full-stack or similar engineering role (preferably at startup scale)
- A strong portfolio of work that you can demonstrate and talk about in detail (this can be from your day job, side-projects or open source)
- Have worked with front-end frameworks like React (+1), Ember, Angular, Backbone etc.
- Have developed back-end APIs/applications with languages/frameworks like Ruby/Rails (+1), Node/Express, Python/Django/Flask or something along those lines.
- Enjoy collaborating in small, fast-moving engineering teams
- Like to speed up development using tools like Vim (+1), Git, Tmux, Zsh, Docker etc.
- Know your way around AWS (+1), GCP or Azure
- Understand that sometimes a quick solution trumps the best solution and know what KISS stands for.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing beautiful user experiences with the help of React, Redux, Rails and any other tools you see fit.
- Applying sophisticated machine learning techniques to analyse financial behaviour.
- Optimising product deployments to serve thousands of concurrent requests.
- Debating the relative merits of London’s many craft breweries, coffee houses and carrot cakes.
What we value:
- Commitment, restraint, expansive thinking, honesty and a good sense of humour
- We are transparent and expect the same, we prefer whiteboards not loud voices.
- Familiarity with a startup environment, we value efficient time management over “bums on seats”
- Motivation: you need to love this.
- Learning: we’re hiring you for your ability to learn quickly not because we think you already know it all.
- We’ll pay you £45-65k/annum based on experience
- Up to 1% of the company
- A nice place to work and a sparkly new laptop
Not sure? That’s cool, let’s grab a beer/coffee and talk it through.