Wanted: Compliance Officer (part-time option)
Credit Kudos is a London-based FinTech company whose mission is to be the first, truly global passport to financial services. We want to enable greater access to financial services for underserved consumers and enable a fairer, more transparent and more responsible style of lending. We are developing a new way to assess creditworthiness. Our product enables consumers to securely share relevant information with a lender in order to get a decision. Whilst current credit scores rely on opaque processes centred on historical repayments, we use up to date financials to measure risk.
We’re a fast moving but modestly sized group of engineers and finance professionals, each wearing a number of different hats throughout the week. We are required to implement a variety of compliance regimes, be it for regulatory requirements or the demands of vendors we work with. We’re looking for someone to design and monitor our compliance processes and maintain related documentation, as well as acting as an internal expert and source of advice.
We’re an open, encouraging team that values ingenuity, innovation and resolve as much as experience. We want you to bring ideas and determination. We want you to move fast and experiment. We want you to be fearless and learn quickly. We want someone who can help build good compliance standards into the DNA of the company and ensure that fair outcomes for borrowers are considered in everything we do.
We’re a completely flat/transparent operation and keep no secrets.
- Have experience working in a regulated financial services business, ideally in the consumer lending space.
- Have an understanding of risk management and experience of ensuring your own/others’ compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- Have an ability to bring regulatory standards to life and translate them into operational processes
- Are hungry and willing to learn
- Manage your own time and are happy with autonomy
What you’ll be doing:
- Generating and reviewing documentation, e.g. compliance policies, instruction manuals, processes/procedures and ensuring these are brought to life in the business in a way that is compatible with a fast paced and ambitious environment
- Develop and enrich compliance regime
- Maintain compliance relationships with partners, legal counsel and regulator/s
- Oversee compliance with local and international regulations including ISO, PCI DSS, TCF, CONC & PERG.
- Keep in the loop with new regulatory requirements and/or developments; ensure these are reflected in internal policies and procedures (e.g. GDPR or PSD2)
- Produce Management Information (MI) reports
- Provide a sounding board for engineering or business development on projects with regulatory impact.
What we value:
- Commitment, restraint, expansive thinking, honesty and a good sense of humour
- We are transparent and expect the same, we prefer whiteboards not loud voices.
- Familiarity with a startup environment, we value efficient time management over “bums on seats”
- Motivation: you need to love this.
- Learning: we’re hiring you for your ability to learn quickly not because we think you already know it all.
- Flexible or part-time hours
- Generous salary + equity package
- A nice place to work and a sparkly new laptop
- Ready supply of baked sweet treats
Not sure? That’s cool, let’s grab a beer/coffee and talk it through.